Sunday, October 02, 2005

My "Surprise" Birthday Party

::My "Surprise" Birthday Party::

Today has been a very special day for me. It has been a long day, so I've to break it down into parts.

Part 1
It is my first day to join the church council meeting, which I kinda feel like a little kid joining the grown-up party. You know, like little kids playing on the side table while their parents are playing Mah-jongg. =) It was a pleasant experience overall. =)


Part 2
After the meeting, Angel & Gary took me out for a little shopping before dinner. I knew it's going to a birthday party for me but the size of party was an unknown. Turns out a total of 20 people showed up! Thank you guys! You guys are the best and absolutely make my day!



But wait! I got a secret to spill! A must-read for all the party goers!

2 to 3 weeks ago, Ms. Cuttie Pie (I wonder who that is!?) was chatting with Mr. Forgetful Zebra (I've changed the identity to protect this individual) one day, trying to book a date with him for dinner. Mr. Forgetful Zebra was going through his Palm entries, an entry of "b-day party for Ms. Cuttie Pie" all the sudden pops up in front of both of them. There was dead air for 2 sec. They looked at each other and bust out laughing.

Mr. Forgetful Zebra ("FZ"): "Don't you dare to tell anyone!"

Ms. Cuttie Pie ("CP", still catching her breath): "OK OK, but no one has booked me yet!?"

FZ (shamelessly): "Uh!? I don't know. hehehe! But I can tell you that it is not the first time I've done thing like this! Hahaha!"

Then the Friday before the "Surprise" b-day party. Ms. Cuttie Pie finally received a voice mail from Queen of Usher to get together for dinner on Sunday. Being a considerate person, Ms. Cuttie Pie was concerned whether she will be double booked and disappoint some of her caring (yet disorganized) friends, so she called Mr. Forgetful Zebra.

CP: "Hey you! I finally got a call from Queen of Usher for dinner on Sunday. But is it the same party? I don't want you guys to throw a b-day party without the b-day person ar!"

FZ: "Uh!? I don't know. Let me check the e-mail that was sent by Queen of Disorganize and get back to you."

CP: "Oh! Now I know why no one has booked me for this surprise b-day party then!"

15 min later...

FZ: "Aiyi! I can't find the e-mail! I must have deleted it. But I think I remember seeing Queen of Usher's name on the address list. But if Queen of Disorganize is throwing a party, Queen of Usher must be part of it too!"

(You actually would think little smart CP would count on FZ's memory!? Then you're wrong! It was the logic that she agreed on.)

FZ: "Anyway, if there are actually 2 parties and you can't show up on mine, it's all Queen of Disorganize's fault and let her take the blame! I'm warning you! Don't you dare to spill this to anyone!"

CP: "uh!? OK then... I'll accept Queen of Usher's invite."

Luckily, turns out there was only one party at the end and everyone lives happily ever after.

Now that I spilled the secret, I feel soooo much better! (^0^) But there are still mysteries to resolve:

#1 - Is there a theme for my presents this year? Everything I received is jewelry related items which is kind of strange. They are all very nice and since I didn't get any ear rings, I know my friends know me well! =>

#2 - The crystal necklaces that I got have no hooks on them. I have no idea how to put them on. But don't you guys worry and start hunting for another gift! I've a pro (i.e. Kitty) to help me later this week. =>


#3 - First b-day party without a birthday cake. Oh, I'm not complaining since green tea ice-cream was super.

#4 - I wonder how long Mr. Forgetful Zebra will live....hahaha!

Once again, I'm really thankful to have friends like you guys. Someone told me, "God take away something to give you something better." It's true, my friends are way better! => I love you guys! =)

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 11:49 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, being one of the "surprise" BD party goer, I am definitely going to kill "Mr. Forgetful Zebra". His guilt: 1. spilled out the most important secret, 2. pretended nothing happened in front of all of us last night, 3. talking on the phone and then leaving us in the room for a long time, 4. condemned some innocent people for taking his wallet, 5. "violently" robbing Princess' special BD gift --- the wallet, 6. not the first time making this stupid unforgiveable mistake.... too many to remember. So, he'd better not appear in front of anyone of us!!!

 
At 11:57 a.m. , Blogger 公主 said...

hahaha! I'm going to love all the comments I get for this blog entry! \\(^0^)//

Princess

 
At 2:06 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha...Although I have heard this story in person already, I like this written version better coz the nicknames you used are so "dei say" => means worth the death... ^_^

 
At 3:52 p.m. , Blogger Carmen Mok said...

my sweetie princess,

life always fills with surprises, how do u know the little hint slip out from Mr.Zebra's palm was not made by us purposely?

surprise of surprises, the life game is not as straight and simple as we thought, when time goes by, you will find out what kind of friends you have...hehe...=) as I said to you on my card, there are so much interesting experience in life, just let your past goes and hope yesterday was a new wonderful kick off!

you are always be my sweetie princess, happy birthday! =)

 
At 4:33 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I've heard this story directly from you...hahhhahaa...it's funny that Mr. Forgetful Zebra is a new nickname for him. Althought I wasn't give you any surprise celebration, but I do hope you have a great b-day moment till tomorrow end of the day la~ Chau ^.~

 
At 4:56 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kitty's email is so offensive, I better hide my real identity and protect myself :)

Princess, you dare to spill this secret!

Mr. Z

 
At 6:29 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My comment is not "offensive". It's "scary" and "life-threatening", so beware. >_<

 
At 9:58 p.m. , Blogger 公主 said...

Dear Mr. Forgetful Zebra,

I told you to pay me off but you were too cheap to do that! So there! It's part of my b-day present now and a thank you gift for all the party goers. ^0^

I have to share this story because we are the only ones that can have something like this happen! Which make us unique...well, shall I say make you very unique...

Princess

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home