Saturday, November 19, 2005

Public Speaking

++Public Speaking ++

I can still remember the first time I shared in Joshua Fellowship back to 4 years ago. My whole body was moving while I was so nervous. hehe! =) People normally turn into stone when they are nervous, but both of my hands were waving in the air and I kept kicking off my legs. It was quite funny. Since that incident, I vowed to stand still when I speak in public. After couple years of training in fellowship, I'm now pretty comfortable to speak in public at church. However, it's a different story at work. I'm pretty chatty to my co-workers during normal days; however, I'd turn red when I speak up in team/ client meetings and my speech will started to be blurring. =P But why shall I be nervous? Were my points stupid? I don't think so. Do I have a strong accent that people might not understand? I don't think so!? Since I wanted to work on that since I realized this gap between my work and church life. Then surprisingly, my manager also suggested me to take training on presentation skill and to lead some team training in 2006 as part of my career goal.

God never fails, HE always use every opportunity to train us to become someone better.

3 Comments:

At 2:14 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't seem very nervous when speaking infront of the fellowship. But it will be a great training of your company suggest you take in 2006. It is a nice moving on do influence me have to move on too....keep it up..Princess

 
At 12:36 p.m. , Blogger Rubun said...

Hi ��砌蜓嚗�stumble upon your blog and I must say I like the layout!
Anyway, public speaking is one of my weaknesses too and I plan to join Toastmasters next year. I will let you know if it's worth trying out or not

 
At 10:04 a.m. , Blogger 公主 said...

Hey Rubun,
Thanks for coming! =) I heard about Toastmasters too, but I think it might be quite time consuming. Keep me posted! ^0^

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home